Welcome! Here you can read all about my songwriting quest. It follows my adventures in making and finding music that builds community and defies traditional music industry tenets. You can expect to find videos, photos, and musings about music that makes me smile, as well as insight about ways that musicians are skipping the middle men and singing right to the fans. Thanks for coming!

4.29.2010

Where is the fun music community??

Help!  I'm stuck!  The whole point of this blog is to find cool people who are doing chill things with their music on the internets.  I'm finding more and more company-based stuff--Topspin Media allowing you to market and sell music directly to fans; this new company Root Music that makes free and awesome skins for Facebook fan pages (you can pay a little to make it even cooler)-- BUT WHERE IS THE MUSIC?  All this stuff is for the business of music.  That's important.  But where is the fun?  Where are people making music that's fun and inclusive and doesn't take itself so seriously??

I went to this party a couple months back.  They called it a "Talent-Is-Overrated Art Party."  Everyone came and just chilled and painted or drew or did something else creative.  Fun, communal, nonjudgemental.  That's what I want to find for music. It's not that I don't think that my music is good enough, I just get a lot more from the community than from hustling.  I might get the hustle bug someday, but for now I just want this to be fun.  Please comment if you have any ideas.  In what corners of the internet are these fun communities??

Hmmm... or how to make one?... hmm

No comments:

Post a Comment