Welcome! Here you can read all about my songwriting quest. It follows my adventures in making and finding music that builds community and defies traditional music industry tenets. You can expect to find videos, photos, and musings about music that makes me smile, as well as insight about ways that musicians are skipping the middle men and singing right to the fans. Thanks for coming!

4.28.2010

The Revolution is Here...Probably.

Do you ever feel like you're standing in the middle of a meeting where the cotton gin has just been shown for the first time?  Or maybe that's just how big corporations make you feel whenever they reveal something new.  So I started this post last Friday when I got home from Grammy Soundtables: deals dollars and law.  It was this event where different industry people came to talk about just that.  What are deals looking like these days? How do you make money at it?  And I guess there was something legal about it, but it was integrated enough into the other discussions that I missed it completely.  YouTube, Topspin, Rock Band, and DIY artist Zoe Keating.  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment