Welcome! Here you can read all about my songwriting quest. It follows my adventures in making and finding music that builds community and defies traditional music industry tenets. You can expect to find videos, photos, and musings about music that makes me smile, as well as insight about ways that musicians are skipping the middle men and singing right to the fans. Thanks for coming!

4.21.2010

From Baby Band to... Toyota??

What???? I think I might have been on the early side of "breaking news."  Yeah, that's definitely in quotes for a reason.  So a few posts back I wrote about this Bay Area band Pomplamoose and how they do all this cool acoustic stuff and I got sucked into their genius indie music trap through their internet tracker beams.  Well, today I'm watching Hulu and in between HPV commercials I hear their cover of "Mr. Sandman" on a Toyota commercial!  Seriously??  So I google this to find that my ears did not fail me.  Here's a write up about about it in the Examiner.  Dang.  Very jealous, and very impressed.  I've written half a song in the last three months, inspired by ridiculous "scandal" of the latest Bachelor finale. I see you judging... but it's going to be awesome :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment